Monday, January 18, 2010

Long-Overdue Thanks: Tina of glam.spoon

Waaaay back in September, I won a skirt from Tina at glam.spoon. She shipped it to me quite promptly, and I immediately started wearing it. It is one of the nicest things I have ever owned. I may or may not have referred to it as "my Precious" in front of my husband.

I sent her a thank-you email, but have been sorely remiss in writing a thank-you post. This is partly because I was gone for a month, but mostly because I wanted to take a picture of myself wearing it, and it was way harder to take a self-portrait than I'd imagined.


I finally did get a few shots, and although they are not as good as I'd hoped for, I think they're the best I can do for now.


Do I seem a bit grumpy here? That's probably because it was 83 degrees that day (these photos were taken in October, shortly before what turned out to be a month-long visit to the family up North), and in order to get enough light, I had to stand on the sunny (read: HOT) side of the house. Oh, and I'm right under a huge wasps' nest. Also, the neighbor kids were standing on the sidewalk staring and pointing at me.

Lawn equipment. High fashion, people, right there.

The hat and scarf are from the lovely and amazing Antoinette, whose thank-you post is coming later this week.

1 comment:

Antoinette said...

Beautiful skirt! And it looks like it fits you perfectly. Thought I recognized that hat!!!