Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Fashion: Your Mama Dresses You Funny

Am I the only one out there who thinks it's fun to dress your kids in old clothes? Part of the fun of having a kid has been to dress her like a baby of 50 or even 100 years ago. Example number one:
Piper, quite pleased with herself at about nine months old.

The dress was mine when I was a baby; the bonnet I made (I love bonnets, for both boys and girls); the shoes I found on clearance somewhere; the legwarmers are of course Babylegs.

A friend of mine said "she looks like a 1950's baby" when I showed up for lunch with Piper dressed like this.

To that end, meet Belle Heir. Authentic vintage childrens' clothing. It's marvelous. The outerwear section alone makes me squee. And their prices don't seem out of this world, unlike a lot of "vintage" or "retro" children's clothing places. 

No comments: