Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome To My Birthday


YUP. Not only is it Friday the 13th, 90 degrees and rising (actually 93 at the moment I write this, I took the photo a couple hours ago), but it's my birthday.

My very nice husband gave me my first present at 12:02 last night, a bottle of raspberry lambic, which I immediately had two glasses of. I'd been reading this book before bed and it made me so anxious I couldn't get to sleep. I'll post a full review after I've finished it, but so far I have two things to say: 1) this marketing stuff is scary, scary shit with long-term societal implications; 2) everyone who has kids, wants kids, likes kids, hates kids, or has ever been a kid should read this. I'm now an avid reader of the author's blog and looking forward to reading her other book ASAP. Anyway, two glasses of lambic and an episode of Psych are a good cure for can't-sleep anxiety.

He gave me my other present this morning, a set of movies: The Color of Magic and Hogfather. We are some big Pratchett fans in this house.  Piper sang me a song: "Happy birthday to Mom-my! Happy birthday to Mom-my! On your birth-day, you! can! eat! CAKE! Happy birthday to Mom-my!"

2 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

Happy Birthday from a stumble-acrosser (from SouleMama's blog).
The commericalism book sounds interesting, I am going to look over the blog this week. I like Piper's song - any song with cake in it has to be a hit :)

Erin Marie said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

You have the same birthday as my little brother, who turned 21 on Friday making me feel O-L-D.

Hope you had an awesome day!