Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's centerpiece


I got this dish from Ikea some time ago, and so far all it has done is collect dust and random household items. We already have an overflowing junk drawer, I did not want a junk stand to add to the mess. I cleaned it off, filled it with pink & red apples, and tried to make a very tiny one of these tissue poofs. Everything went fine until the part where you separate the layers to make it look all poofy, and then it all started to rip apart. I did the best I could, and tied it to the top of the stand to hid the less-than-poofy bald spot.


Apples seem to be a hit with the wee one lately, so I like having healthy snacks that she can grab any time AND a cute display that I don't have to worry about packing away in a couple of weeks.

P.S. - The white & red candle is also from Ikea; they were on sale for $1.49 and I can't say enough good things about it. I went back and got three more in different patterns. They burn clean, are cute without being too froofy, and smell like apple-cinnamon muffins. YUM.

No comments: