Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Breakfast as Reward


Her three-year checkup went swimmingly; the doctor said she is "absolutely perfect." Piper only cried once, during the part of the exam where the doctor asked her to shrug out of the paper gown so she could look her over. This is a vast improvement over past doctor's visits, which often required a nurse and a parent to hold her down so shots could be given or ears inspected. I rewarded her bravery with breakfast at Ikea, her favorite place in the world. Some people will roll their eyes, but I figure they have lots of things to play with, beds to try out, ketchup, potatoes, chocolate milk, and mac & cheese - all under the same roof. When you're three, that is the height of perfection.

For those of you that subscribe to my RSS feed: some weird half-finished posts may show up today; I was cleaning house and accidentally hit "publish" once or twice instead of "delete." Sorry!

4 comments:

Cris said...

I know a couple of kids who are also fans of Ikea. One of the NJ Ikeas is right by the airport so you can watch the planes take off and land while you eat.

By the way, I like your new title photo.

Steph said...

Plane-viewing at Ikea? That is the ultimate little-kid dream: watching the planes while eating mac & cheese.

Thanks! I do not really like the new header, but since it took three hours for me to pick it out, crop it, and put it up, it's going to be there a while.

Cris said...

I think I like the picture because I take similar pictures. And watching the planes while eating Swedish meatballs is fun for us adults too.

Tempest Ahoy said...

IKEA rocks.