Wednesday, February 27, 2008

38 Weeks

Quick lists, because that's all I seem to have time for these days.

Words:
Mama
Cat
Bath
Good
Yum

Favorite Foods:
Banana
Chicken
Chicken & Noodles
Chicken Soup
Rice
Indian Food
Rice & Beans
Black Beans
Pears

Likes:
Being upside-down
My boobs
Clocks
Books
Climbing
Banging on things
Fire trucks
Bath time
Unloading baskets, boxes, and bags
The vacuum cleaner

Dislikes:
Baby food
Riding in the car for more than 5 minutes
Bedtime
Wearing shoes
Wearing Jackets
Wearing hats
Being told she can't chew on electrical cords

Does:
Her weird toe-pushing army crawl
Walks with help
Pulls up & cruises around on furniture
Tries to let go and bonks her head
Gets up and tries again
Stands up and pushes things around
Calls for me
The totally hysterical Yum-Yum Dance

Her favorite book is I See A Monster. We read the monster book every single day. Over and over again. Every day, she crawls to the bookcase, pulls it out, and hands it to me. It doesn't matter where in the bookcase it is, or if I've chucked it in the toybox or put it on another shelf. She always finds it. She knows if I skip a page or if I mess up the words. So every day I read it to her, and when we get to the end, she flips it over and opens it again. Read it more, Mama. Read it again.

She's gotten sort of clingy and some days I can't leave her line of sight without a meltdown occuring. She still gives kisses, but now she's more selective. She'll lay a big wet smackeroo on my cheek after I've done something she likes - read the monster book to her, or played a fun game (she still likes peek-a-boo, and she's gotten into wrestling and jumping and climbing on me). It totally melts me into puddles, every time. This is a pretty cool age.

No comments: